The congregation of the Victoria First Church of the Nazarene traces its beginnings back to a series of revival meetings held in Victoria in 1911. The church was formally organized in July of 1912. During its early years the church struggled to exist, and was officially closed in 1935.
On July 21, 1946 a tent was pitched at Blanshard Street and Queens Avenue and 24 days of evangelistic services began. It was during this time that the ministry of the Church of the Nazarene was re-opened and organized. For several months the congregation met in homes and rented halls until a church building was purchased at 2721 Graham Street.
In the summer of 1954, a new church building was constructed on the corner of Quadra Street and Kings Road, where the congregation met for worship until relocating in 1978 to the present site at 4277 Quadra Street.
Since September of 1990, Gary Bennett has been pastoring the church, with Calvin Black serving as Associate Pastor since July of 1996. Mary Ann Timmins joined the pastoral staff in August of 2004, to serve in the areas of Family and Children's ministries.
The congregation is a multi-generational church family, offering a full range of ministry opportunities for children, youth, adults and senior adults. The Sunday Morning Worship Celebration begins at 10:30 a.m. It is followed by a Fellowship time in the Fireside Room.